Creative Discovery Museum
Creative Discovery Museum is one of the top children's museums in the country. Located in the heart of downtown Chattanooga, just steps away from the Tennessee Aquarium, Tennessee Riverfront and other fun Chattanooga Attractions for kids.
Solar Eclipse Fun without a shadow of a doubt!
Join Creative Discovery Museum for our Solar Eclipse Party! Out-of-this-world fun will be had by all from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. as we explore how eclipses work through art and science activities!
PLEASE NOTE: The Museum will not be handing out eclipse glasses, nor will any available for purchase. Guests are welcome to bring and use their own viewing glasses their own risk.
- 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.: Solar snacks on the Rooftop including Sun chips, Capri Suns, MoonPies and more!
- 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.: Solar face paint
- 11:30 a.m.: Story time featuring "Bear Shadow" by Frank Asch
- Noon - 3 p.m.: Open Art Studio activities
- 1 p.m.: Solar Dance Party in the Atrium
- 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.: Live streaming NASA's eclipse footage in the Auditorium
- 2 p.m.: Tomato pie cooking lesson (They are out-of-this-world!)
Continuous activities throughout the day include:
- Make your own solar eclipse at Creation Station
- Hands-on, walk-up activities that break down the science behind an eclipse
- Making solar and eclipse hats
All activities are included with the price of admission.
Check out Creative Discovery Museum on Trip Advisor