Creative Discovery Community Art Project
Help us celebrate our eventual reopening by participating in our Creative Discovery Community Art Project!
Our Creative Discovery Community Art Project is an initiative to help families and the community-at large to stay connected during this time of isolation. CDM is inviting you to participate!
Create a 12” x 12” textile square using the colors listed below. A textile is a type of cloth or woven fabric. When CDM reopens, we will connect the squares to create an art piece to celebrate our reopening.
Here are the guidelines for the 12” x 12” textile square:
- Use any of the following materials to create your textile square: yarn, thread, fabric, felt, cloth, T-shirts, towels, rugs, sheets.
- Find materials within this color palette: violets, greens, yellows, pinks, reds, blues, whites
- The only criteria is that textiles are used and connected in a 12” x 12” square. For example, you can connect your textiles together by knitting, gluing or sewing.
Here's how to submit your textile square:
- Mail finished squares to the Museum at 321 Chestnut Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402 and addressed to the attention of Liza Blair.
- Sign up using the form below to receive updates on when you can drop your squares off at CDM.
Need some inspiration? Follow along with Chattanooga artist and former CDM Artist in Residence, Alex Paul Loza, as he creates his 12" x 12" textile square. This video is in English and Spanish. To watch Alex make his Creative Discovery Community Art Project submission, click here.
We can’t wait to see what you’ve created! Upload a photo of your finished textile to Facebook or Instagram. Be sure to tag Creative Discovery Museum and use #CDMathome.