Membership Frequently Asked Questions
Don't see your question here? Let us help. Please contact the Membership Department at (423) 648-6085 or e-mail Brianna at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Can I decide later to upgrade to a higher membership level?
- Yes. You are always welcome to upgrade your membership level at any time.
- Is my membership tax-deductible?
- Memberships may be considered 100% tax deductible to the extent allowed under Internal Revenue Service guidelines. You should consult your tax preparer with specific tax questions.
- Can I lend my membership card to a friend or family member?
- No. Memberships are non-transferable and are valid only for the persons whose name appears on the card. A photo ID is required for admission into the museum along with your membership card.
- Can we add foster children on our membership?
- Yes. You may list all the children under 18 years of age that live in your household on your membership.
- Do members receive free parking?
- The Museum is not able to provide free parking for members. However there are public parking lots both behind and in front of the Museum, and metered parking on the road.
- Do I receive benefits from my membership at the Tennessee Aquarium or IMAX Theater?
- Yes, you will receive $5 per adult discount admission and $3 per child discount admission to the Aquarium. Also, the IMAX offers a discount of $2 per adult ticket and $1.95 per child ticket for all 45 minute films with your membership.
- Is my membership good at other museums?
- All membership levels other than Discovery and Discovery PLUS will be honored at over 125 children’s museums across the United States in the Association of Children's Museums network. You will receive 50% admission for a maximum of six (6) visitors from the same household at over 125 children’s museums nationwide. Please check with the museum you plan to visit as admission policies for more than six individuals varies from museum to museum.
- If I renew my membership early, do I lose time?
- No. Your new membership is added on to the end of your existing membership. So if your membership expires in January of 2019 and you renew in November 2019, the expiration date on your membership will be January of 2020.
- I have a question that's not on this page. Now what?
- If you haven't found the answer you need on this page, feel free to call us any time in the membership department at (423) 648-6085 and we'll do our best to help you out. Or you can email email@example.com if it's after office hours and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.