Are you looking for a fun, unique lock-in with your youth group, Boy Scout or Girl Scout Troop, or a bunch of friends? Here is your opportunity to discover what the Museum is like after dark! This fun opportunity can also help you earn a Boy Scout or Girl Scout badge. Scouting groups can fulfill some badge requirements while having fun at our Creative Camp-ins. Let our Program Manager know ahead of time if your group is interested in working on specific badges while at the museum and we will do our best to assist you.
Creative Discovery Museum Lock-Ins are tons of fun and will provide a memorable experience for your group that will be hard to forget! Lock-In and Museum After Dark Experience participants will eat dinner at the Museum, shop in the Gift Shop, play games, participate in a workshop of their choice, sleep in the Museum, and wake up to a great breakfast!
Choose from several themes for the evening, including the following:
- Highlights Tour: Overnight guests will spend time in each exhibit area of the Museum on this special guided tour. Museum staff will introduce each area with information and interesting things to see in Excavation Station, RiverPlay, Rooftop Fun Factory, and much more.
- S’mores and Stars: Kids will identify constellations, listen to Greek myths about the stars, make s ‘mores, and view the night sky from the Museum rooftop.
- Latest Late Night:This experience features Creative Discovery Museum’s temporary exhibit area in the upstairs gallery. Guests will spend time in the exhibit space and participate in games, building activities, cooking, art projects, and more!
- Science Wonders: Guests will experience a science demonstration in the Museum Auditorium along with multiple hands-on experiments.
- Overnight Lock-Ins are $30 per person. One adult chaperone is required for every five children. A minimum of $750 is required. Required chaperones receive free admission.
- The Prime Time Lock-in is $20 per person with a $500 minimum required. One adult per every five children is required. Required chaperones receive free admission.
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Payment in full is due at time of registration. Deposit of $100 required at time of reservation. Any cancellations received less than 20 business days prior to the event will forfeit the entire deposit. Reservations are required. To book your overnight call Sheila at (423) 648-6040.