Creative Discovery Museum (CDM) is committed to creating safe and engaging experiences for all our visitors. The safety of visitors, staff and volunteers is our top priority. CDM is closely monitoring the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will follow recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Health Department regarding further actions.
CDM has several policies and procedures in place year round to help prevent the spread of illness.
- Our housekeeping staff cleans restrooms, surfaces and common areas multiple times a day during operating hours.
- Staff clean and sanitize exhibits and toys on a daily basis using CDC approved germicidal cleaner.
- Deep cleaning, including mopping and vacuuming, is done when the Museum is closed.
- Visitors are provided with "Mouthed Toy Bins” where they can place toys that children have put in their mouths.
- Clean toys are put out on the floor during operating hours.
In addition to CDM’s regular cleaning policies and procedures, we have taken additional precautions to help eliminate the spread of germs throughout our facility which include:
- Installing additional hand sanitizers throughout the Museum.
- Adding CDC signage to the restrooms, Culinary Corner and Art Studio encouraging visitors to wash their hands.
- Reviewing our cleaning and staff hygiene policies and procedures with all staff.
- Providing staff with disposable wipes so they may wipe down high traffic surfaces
- Increasing frequency of cleaning and sanitizing procedures as the situation may require.
- Ensuring staff and volunteers stay home if they are ill.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and The World Health Organization (WHO) emphasize the importance of personal precautions that are proven effective in reducing the spread of the common cold, influenza, and COVID-19.In order to protect yourselves, your students and your families, it’s important for everyone to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60 to 95% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, or ears with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with anyone who is sick.
CDM staff does not diagnose illness or make recommendations for medical treatment. However, policies are in place for Museum programs, group visits and general admissions staff that help ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers.
We understand the concerns surrounding the Novel Coronavirus. We encourage guests to turn to science-based resources regarding the spread of the Novel Coronavirus and other illnesses. For more information about the virus and how you can protect your family, we recommend visiting the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization websites.
If you have any questions regarding our policies and procedures, please call (423) 756-2738.