During a lock-in, a Brownie Girl Scout can complete some or most requirements for one Brownie Badge. All Brownies participate in the same activity and earn their badges together as a group. Groups will select one program and complete the requirements guided by Museum staff.
- Brownie Home Scientist Badge: Be a kitchen scientist and create static electricity, dive into density, make something bubble up, play with science, and see science all around when you earn this badge!
- Brownie “My Best Self” Badge: Get to know your body by learning how to eat and play in a healthy way, find out how your body works, know what to do if something bugs you, meet a health helper, and know how to keep yourself healthy and happy.
- Brownie Senses Badge: Look around, listen to the world, put your nose to work, take a taste test, and touch and feel. When you earn this badge, you will know how to use your five senses to explore the world.
Choose from an Overnight lock-in where your troop can sleep over or a Prime Time Evening for just a few hours. Remember to bring your adult leader and come prepared to have fun!
- Overnight: Brownies will receive full staff instruction, dinner, a snack, and breakfast. They will also receive time to explore the Museum. Cost is $30 per person and a minimum of $750 is required.
- Prime Time: For the Prime Time Evening option, Brownies will receive dinner and a snack, as well as time to explore the Museum from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Cost is $20 per person and a $500 minimum required.
One adult per every five children is required for both options. Required chaperones receive free admission. Payment in full is due at time of registration.
To book your evening or get more information, call Amber at (423) 648-6045 or Sheila at (423) 648-6040.