Register your child for CDM's STEAM Club for Homeschool! STEAM Club meets Tuesdays from 1-3 p.m. and is designed specifically for 1st through 5th graders. Lessons change monthly and provide experiences that make science, technology, engineering, art and math come alive for kids.
- Session 2: $265
- Members save 20%
- Families registering multiple children in the same household save $20 on the session price. First student pays full price.
Session 2: January 4 - April 26 on Tuesdays from 1-3 p.m. Click here to sign up today!
- January: Safety Helmets. Learning about how different types of helmets work to prevent brain injury is the first step to designing and building a safety helmet for a crash-test dummy.
- February: Engineering Ice Cream. Controlling every step of the process is critical to the manufacture of creamy, delicious, and consistent ice cream. Students will engineer and test a process to make ice cream and engineer a novel taste sensation.
- March: Insulating Homes. Students will be challenged to use green engineering skills to insulate a model home to keep it a constant temperature inside regardless of the external temperature.
- April: Vertical Farms. For many urban populations, food availability is a challenge. Students will use the engineering design process to design and build a vertical farm to feed an urban community.
Click here to sign up today!
Masks are strongly recommended regardless of vaccination status.
Questions? Call Sheila at (423) 648-6040 or Amber at (423) 648-6045.