Rules and Regulations
Creative Discovery Museum is a nonprofit organization participating in a raffle with all proceeds going toward furthering our mission and vision: “To inspire all children to explore, innovate, create, and play” and “To make our community the best place for a child to grow up”. Creative Discovery Museum thanks all that participate, in advance, for their support of the Museum and cause.
1. Employers and Board members (and their immediate family members or family in the same household) of Creative Discovery Museum are not eligible to purchase raffle tickets, be named as a beneficiary of the prize.
2. A maximum of 10,000 tickets will be sold at the raffle ticket price of $25. The chances of winning are based on the number of tickets sold.
3. TICKET PRICE IS NOT TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
4. No Creative Discovery Museum purchase (donation, gift shop, café, membership, etc.) is necessary to win.
5. Tickets will be sold online and through our ticket desk at Creative Discovery Museum, 321 Chestnut Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402.
6. The raffle is open to all United States citizens or legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age and older.
7. Tickets are non-refundable and non- transferable.
8. The winner is responsible for disclosing/reporting winnings to the IRS and any tax liability that may be due.
9. Online and onsite ticket sales will cease at midnight on September 19, 2019.
10. The winner will be drawn on September 20, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. Winner does not need to be present to win. The winner will be notified by either phone or email address provided with entry information. Winner has 72 hours from drawing to respond to the Museum. If no contact is made, winner forfeits winnings and another winner will be drawn.
11. Upon closing of raffle, Creative Discovery Museum will place any participant who has purchased a ticket into a 50/50 drawing where one winner will be selected as the winner of 50 percent of the total raffle sales as of September 19, 2019.
12. If the winner accepts the prize of the 50/50 drawing, the prize will be submitted to the 529 Plan chosen by the winner. The funds will be issued by check directly to the 529 Plan Provider from Creative Discovery Museum in the name of the winner. The winner will provide the Provider with the information for the beneficiary of the 529 plan (one specific child).
13. Creative Discovery Museum assumes no responsibilities for taxes. The prize will not be given in cash. The prize will be issued by check only to the 529 Plan Provider. The Provider name must be given to Creative Discovery Museum within 30 days of the winner being announced.
14. Creative Discovery Museum is not responsible for any funds once they are received by 529 Plan Provider. The winner shall not hold Creative Discovery Museum responsible for any investments made by the 529 Plan Provider.
IRS Q & A on 529 Plans: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/529-plans-questions-and-answers