Hi, friends! We've missed you and are so excited to welcome you back to Creative Discovery Museum. During our closure, we have been busy cleaning, repairing and preparing for our reopening.
All visitors, including members, must have a timed ticket prior to visiting Creative Discovery Museum. CDM will be open from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and 2 p.m.-5 p.m. The Museum will close for an hour between sessions for cleaning. As always, members will receive free admission with their current CDM member number. If you need to make a change to your ticket reservation or purchase, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Timed tickets for all visitors for July 20 - August 2 go on sale July 6.
On this page, you'll find information on what to expect when your family visits CDM. When you and your family are ready, we can't wait to have a CDM Playdate!
Play It Safe
In the initial phases of reopening, CDM will continue to "Play It Safe" by implementing new policies and procedures to keep our visitors, staff and volunteers safe.
- CDM will conduct a daily health screening of all staff using the Ascend Health App. Sick employees will not be allowed in the building.
- Before entering the building, visitors will also undergo a health screening including a no contact temperature check. Sick visitors will not be allowed in the Museum. If a member of your party is feeling ill, please contact CDM to reschedule your visit.
- Since face coverings are one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19, all staff, visitors and volunteers ages 5 and up will be required to wear a face covering. The Museum reserves the right to request medical documentation if a visitor refuses to wear a mask due to a stated medical condition. Such visitors who are approved to enter the Museum without a mask must adhere to strict social distancing requirements for the protection of themselves and others. Please also bring alternative face coverings (scarves, etc.) to wear whenever this is medically possible, again for the protection of yourself and others if you cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition.
- Children ages 2-4 will also be encouraged to wear masks or face coverings.
- In order to maintain social distancing, daily capacity will be limited to 20 percent of the building’s normal capacity. Limits will also be placed on the capacity of each exhibit gallery.
- We are requiring all guests to adhere to our social distancing guidelines posted throughout the Museum.
- Hand washing will be encouraged with 10 additional hand sanitizing and hand washing stations.
- CDM staff will be cleaning exhibits and high traffic surfaces throughout the day and will conduct a deep cleaning each day between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Ick Buckets continue to be available in exhibits. If a child in your party puts a toy in their mouth, please place the toy in the Ick Bucket.
- Café Dino-Mite will be closed. Water fountains will be closed except for no contact water bottle refill stations. Disposable cups will be available.
CDM’s reopening policies and procedures are based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and align with local and state reopening guidelines. In addition, CDM vetted their policies and procedures with local pediatrician Dr. Jennifer Keates Baleeiro, a Pediatric Hematology-Oncology doctor with Erlanger Hospital, and local infectious disease specialists. The Museum will continue to evaluate its new measures and make changes to the guidelines as needed.
Here's What to Expect During Your Playdate
- All exhibits will be opened with the exception of The Tower. Exhibit capacities will be posted and monitored by CDM staff.
- Paper maps will not be available. For a map of CDM, please click here.
- Special programming areas will be closed, including the Make It Workshop, PlayGym, Birthday Rooms and Culinary Corner.
- Restrooms will be opened and cleaned frequently. Please limit restrooms to one family unit at a time.
- Water fountains will be closed except for the no contact refill stations. Disposable cups will be available.
- Cafe Dino-mite will be open from 12-1 p.m. with a limited menu. Vending machines are available and will be cleaned frequently. Food purchased in the Cafe or vending machines must be eaten outside.
- No outside food or drink will be allowed in the building.
- The Museum Shop will be open and limited to three family units at a time.
- The elevator will be open. We encourage visitors to practice social distancing and limit uses to one family unit at a time.
- Wheelchairs will be available and sanitized after each use.
- Sensory Bags will be available and sanitized after each use.
- The Photo Booth in the Lobby will be closed.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our other guests, and our employees. Please follow all posted instructions while visiting Creative Discovery Museum. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting Creative Discovery Museum, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.