We're sorry. CDM will not be able to host Snow Day in 2020.
Snow is flying this weekend at Creative Discovery Museum! Join our friends Jack Frost, Suzy Snowflake, and more as we welcome the first snowfall of the year. The first flakes will fall at 1 p.m. After that, the snow will fly every 30 minutes, with the final flurry at 4 p.m.
Between wintery precipitations, wander and enjoy wintery activities throughout the Museum, including:
- Noon-4:00 - Shiny Snowflakes, Mini Snowmen, Stackable Igloos and Snow Wand take home actiities
- 11:00-1:00 - Winter Decorations in the Art Studio
- Noon - Snowflake Tortillas in Culinary Corner
- 1:00 - We welcome Chattanooga’s First Snowfall with a performance by Ms. Suzy Snowflake
- 1:30-4:00 - Face Painting in the Art Studio
- 2:00 - Hansel and Gretel performance by Capitol City Opera in the Museum Auditorium
- 2:00 - Hot Cocoa Café in Culinary Corner
- 3:00 - Welcome in Winter Performance followed by Suzy Snowflake’s Dance Party in the Museum Atrium
"Snow Day give kids a 'brrr'rilliant opportunity to engage all of their senses and actively participate in creative winter fun," says Museum Experience Manager Amy Barrett. "Snow Day is becoming a tradition with families as they celebrate the beginning of winter and kick off the holiday season at the Museum with fun educational activities for the whole family."
No reservations are necessary and all activities are included with admission.
Please Note: With the wide range of known food allergies, the Museum can not guarantee that this program is allergen free. Please contact the Museum in advance if food allergies are a concern for your family.