Believe it or not, summer camp is fast approaching! Creative Discovery Museum (CDM) offers unforgettable experiences in a safe, facilitated environment with our well-trained and experienced educators for your children to explore, innovate, create, and play.
Campers will exercise their creativity in projects that reinforce STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics) concepts and enjoy CDM exhibits during the camp day. A variety of camp options are available for different ages and interests:
Friends’ Discovery Camp: Inclusive camps designed for children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their typically developing peers to explore the Museum together!
- June 5-9: Don’t Let the Pigeon…! Follow your favorite pigeon in adventures in the Museum and all over Chattanooga! For rising first and second graders (ages 6-8).
- June 12-16: Zip! Pop! Kaboom! Drop things from the roof and use a giant slingshot to send things through the air in this week of STEAM-based exploration! For rising third through fifth graders (ages 9-12).
- July 24-28: Fling and Fly! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's our inventions soaring across the sky! Explore the concepts of energy, propulsion, trajectory, and aerodynamics with our friends while building and testing our driving and flying machines. For middle school age and above (ages 12+).
Preschool Camp: The perfect first camp experience filled with Museum play and theme-related crafts all under the guidance of our enthusiastic, experienced staff.
- June 19-23: Creature Powers, ACTIVATE! Go wild in CDM’s traveling exhibit, Wild Kratts: Ocean Adventure, where campers will learn about the unique creature powers of marine animals. Bring your imagination as we combine science with teamwork to investigate animal's habitats and needs for survival. Forages 4 and 5.
- June 26-30: Moo, Cluck, Hooty-Hoot. Join us for a week on the farm in CDM's new exhibit, Little FarmHouse! Who lives and works on a farm? What comes from a farm? Sing, create, explore, and learn together in this camp designed just for preschoolers' curious and growing minds. For ages 4 and 5.
School Age Camp: Our full-day camps include time in the Museum, a mid-week field trip, snacks, group projects and plenty of fun with friends!
- July 10-14: Fling and Fly! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's our inventions soaring across the sky! Explore the concepts of energy, propulsion, trajectory, and aerodynamics with friends while building and testing our driving and flying machines. For rising first through fifth graders (ages 6-12).
- July 17-21: Swim, Dive, and Survive! What does it take to survive in the ocean? How are marine animals uniquely suited to survive in their environment? We'll use creature powers on adventures in CDM's temporary traveling exhibit, Wild Kratts: Ocean Adventure, and other Museum galleries to inquire, investigate, and innovate. For rising first through fifth graders (ages 6-12).
Specialty Camp: In CDM's Specialty Camps, campers can immerse themselves in a specific theme, explore a skill or craft, and develop a unique passion alongside friends.
- July 24-28: Maker Camp: Anime Gakusei. Spend a week in CDM's 画室 kobo(art studio) to create characters, build a storyline, and produce your own anime! Learn to use new art tools, join forces with support from real anime artists, and collaborate with fellow student artists as your creativity comes to life in this art form. For rising third through fifth graders (ages 9-12).
Past campers and families rave about their experiences at CDM summer camps. A Friends’ Discovery Camper’s parent said, “I would say it was a ten out of ten. Super excellent. This particular camp experience is something that [our child] looks forward to from the time we sign up – early February or March ‘til he is able to participate.”
Summer camp registration opens January 16, 2023. To learn more and register, visit cdmfun.org/camps.
Visit us every day except Wednesday from 10a.m.-5 p.m. at 321 Chestnut Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402.To learn more, visit cdmfun.org and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Twitter.